Wpa dating Woman xxx chatting mobile no
Roosevelt created the Works Progress Administration (WPA) in 1935 to provide jobs during a period of massive unemployment in the U. From 1935 to 1943, the WPA provided approximately 8 million jobs at a cost of over billion. A.), a Works Progress Administration branch, supplied funds for public projects such as building streets, bridges and schoolhouses as well as cleaning parks.
The project funded a great number of public buildings and facilities until prosperity returned in 1943 when Roosevelt terminated the WPA. In Edmond, the CWA improved Stephenson park by planting flowers, trees, shrubs, and building a large central rock garden.
The armory housed the 179th Infantry Regiment of the 45th Division. It served in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, France and Central Europe. The WPA sponsored 51 armories in Oklahoma, making the state a leader in armory buildings.
A total of 126 armories, constructed of native stone or brick, were built in the United States.
Each building contained a large drill hall as the principle enclosure and seated about 2,000 people.
The armories had a modern target range for pistol and rifle practice in their basements.
When the old post office was closed and the building was remodeled to eventually house the Edmond Municipal Courts, the new lobby did not have a location to hang the mural.
The Turner mural is now hanging in the City Council Chambers of the same building.
Mc Afee Turner’s paintings are featured in the collections of the Smithsonian American Art Museum, the Gilcrease Museum, the Museum of New Mexico and other art galleries across the southwest. Stones from the former Kingsley/Lowell School were used to build Russell Dougherty Elementary.The native stone building cost approximately ,000 to construct of which the Federal government provided all but ,000. The building committee consisted of Sam Johnson, chairman; Frank Buell, Jr.; Fred Settle and William Thompson. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.101 East First Street, Edmond, OK Oil on Canvas Mural Artist: Ila Mc Afee Turner Painted in 1939 at the Edmond Post Office, Originally located at 101 E First.They built the White Horse Studio on Armory Place, two blocks from the Plaza, and settled in for a lifetime of painting (with occasional forays into the decorative arts).In addition to over a thousand easel paintings, which are represented in numerous public and private collections, Ila’s murals were placed in the post offices of Clifton, TX, Cordell and Edmond, OK and Gunnison, CO, as well as in the public library of Greeley, CO.